Creative Arts Therapies Society Malta - CATSMalta
The Society shall consist of qualified arts therapists (art therapists, dance therapists, dramatherapists, movement therapists and music therapists) associates and affiliates who have chosen this Society to represent their interests, to contribute towards their professional wellbeing, and to serve as their regulatory professional body.
The Society is a non-profit making, non-governmental, autonomous and voluntary organisation as defined in the Voluntary Organisations Act (Chapter 493 of the Laws of Malta). Its current mission is to promote, represent and safeguard the practice of the creative arts therapies in Malta: art, dance, drama, movement and music.
The main objectives are to:
- Act as a reference point and advice regarding the contribution of the arts therapies in various local fields such as health, education, the caring professions, rehabilitation, special needs, forensic settings etc
- Provide advice regarding training opportunities in the arts therapies, abroad.
- To offer support to practising qualified arts therapists in Malta.
- Increase awareness of the arts therapies through the delivery of workshops, other training events and publications.
- Maintain a register of full members of CATS (Malta), which is made available to potential employers and clients and is kept at the Society’s registered office.
- Mediate as an official representative with state bodies and other foreign organisations.
- Formulate, update, and maintain ethical and professional guidelines as required by the professions at large, which however are consonant with and responsive to the Maltese culture.
- To establish, foster and maintain the highest possible standards of professional service offered by fully qualified arts therapists in Malta.
In furtherance of the objectives of the Society, to acquire and dispose of any property, and to invest in funds of the Society in accordance with the provisions of the Statute.
- To do all such acts and things that are, or may be deemed incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects of the Society or any one of them.
REPRESENTATIVE FOR MALTA IN THE EFD
Address c/o Volunteer Centre, 181, Melita Street, Valletta, VLT1129, Malta
Mail address firstname.lastname@example.org